happy friday!

Thank goodness it Friday.  I am more then ready for the weekend!  

I feel like I things are calmer this term.  My chaplaincy job working with women and children after the Pinery bushfires has come to an end, as it was a 12 month position.  I have picked up a couple of extra subjects this semester at college, meaning I am doing .75 and I am still working a few hours running a youth program in a neighbouring community.  But my days have taken on a more settled rhythm and I feel like pressure has eased.  

Blogging has been a bit sporadic recently and I thank you readers for hanging on.  We are here and mostly doing well.  I have an array of health tests coming up.  Blood tests, hormone tests, heart tests, sleep tests.......I am so very tired, no matter how much sleep I get and no matter how well I eat I can't seem to escape the tiredness.  I do my best to pull my socks up and get on with it, but the truth is I am completely knackered most of the time.  I have been struggling with this for the last year or more and whilst initial bloods and a once over months ago showed nothing concerning, the fact I cannot shake it means the Dr is going to explore it more deeply.  This is part of the reason my blogging posts have been a little irregular.   

So, we have been working on embracing simple living when life is not and really, isn't that when we need it the most?  

Grant is hoping to get the cladding on the house this weekend, which was delivered last week.  I cannot wait to see it all sealed up.  I'm not sure if he will get the doors and windows in also.  I look forward to sharing the progress shots with you!        

I will probably spend the weekend pottering about with a bit of cooking, a little cleaning, studying, playing games with the boys and hopefully spending some time in the hammock in the sunshine.  The garden is an overgrown mess, but I am turning a blind eye to it.  I simply don't have the energy to tackle too much of it.  I look after a few small garden beds and the rest I am letting go for whipper sippers and mowers.  

These rat bags were trying to show me grumpy faces, and they both failed miserably! 

I'm packing in veggies every where I can at the moment, chasing off the last of the winter bugs!



Making a double batch of lasagne, with garlic, onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, capsicum, and spinach.




A delicious dinner.  Though the boys were a little dismayed to find their favourite meal overrun with veggies! 

"A dog bed you say?........Why would I need that when I have a perfectly good couch?"  says Aggie....


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Much love,
Emma
xx


17 comments

  1. Dear Emma, I hope you do have a lovely weekend. I do also hope you feel better soon. I have to admit I feel knackered just contemplating everything you do in your day to day life. Raising children and running a home are such big jobs! And you are studying and ministering and have been working outside the home as well. I hope you do spend some time in the hammock just relaxing this weekend.

    I also wanted to add that I had decided once I left the city and moved to the country I would start attending church again. And your sharing about your spiritual path has played a significant part in encouraging me to do that. I haven't stepped inside a church in two decades. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sherri,
      You have no idea how much joy your comment has given me. Churches can be amazing places. To be able to share something that is such a fundamental part of who we are with others is really beautiful. But they are also full of imperfect people.

      I'm so very glad you have been encouraged in your faith.

      The frustrating thing is I feel like I have time, but no energy in which to do all the things on my lists. Maybe it is my body telling me to rest. I had the most wonderful 1hr nap in the sunshine on Friday. It was AMAZING!

      xx
      xx

      Delete
  2. Take it easy, Emma and I hope the doctor finds the reason for your tiredness. I was always tired when my children were growing up but blood tests showed nothing so I gave up asking the doc what was wrong but these days they should be able to get to the bottom of it. I hope that is the case with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this tiredness is a deeper tiredness then I have known before. I can't seem to get on top of it. When the kids don't sleep it makes sense I'm tired, but this is really ridiculous.

      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Emma I really hope the doctors can help you. All the best with your tests and I'm thinking of you.
    I look forward to your progress photos. I think the cladding will make a massive difference.
    Love the grumpy or should I say 'I'm just too happy to be grumpy' faces.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kylie.

      And they are hilarious aren't they!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Nothing like Mum's homemade lasagne....if you grate all the vegies (food processer) and cook it long and slow with the mince sauce they 'dissappear ' ...old Nannying trick.
    Hope you get some answers and can sort out the fatigue problem, don't underestimate the impact of stress, it can play havoc with your memory and even your bladder, been there, done that !
    Remember you can only do your best on any given day, different day....different best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the last couple of years have been hugely stressful in many ways. Though things have eased off now. Perhaps it is partly an accumulation of it, but even then I am happy to be getting everything tested as it is really not like me.

      xx

      Delete
  5. Oh, that Aggie is a character! It looks so cozy up there on the lounge! It is lovely having simple routines and things to fall back on when life feels that bit more complicated. I do hope you can get to the bottom of that tiredness you feel, Emma, and that you'll start to feel better soon. Meg Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Packing in extra veggies - yes, food truly is a powerful medicine. Once the cladding is up you will see a big change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its nearly up now Phil! Ill share some photos next week.

      xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Emma. I hope you can find a cause for your fatigue and are feeling better soon. I have been there and it can be very frustrating. I finally found a good integrated doctor who looked at all aspects of my health. I finally got well, after tweaking lots of little things. But a big one was being low in iron. A good idea to pack vegies into everything, the lasagne looks amazing, I would love to eat that right now for dinner!! And our cat is the same, he has the softest most inviting looking bed, but he always ends up on the lounge- Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Belinda,

      This Dr is very good. I'm glad she is listening and looking into it all, at the very least it will give me peace of mind.

      Aggie steals half the couch and we get whats left. haha! But she is so gorgeous I don't really mind.

      xx

      Delete
  8. Oh Emma, I feel your pain. I had something similar recently. Tired, pains in the stomach and generally feeling quite low. I haven't had much success with my conventional dr's, because they boil it down to my pre-existing condition (type 1 diabetes). They run the standard tests, and nothing abnormal shows up. So it's assumed to be related to my existing condition, or getting older, lol.

    So I decided to take drastic action. One of my friends has cancer, and she really inspired me to take control of my diet. I decided, I was only going to eat food that was not processed, and sugar, cereals, grains and dairy were off the menu. I felt worse for the first week, because all the toxins were leaving my body - but after that, I've come good again.

    But I'm not reverting back to my old diet. It's been over a month now. Because I don't want to feel that incapacitated again. My family has noticed the change in my overall disposition and looks too - I did a really good impersonation of a walking zombie, before, lol. So much so, they've decided to join me in my new diet. They've chosen to give up soft drinks (as a start) without me requesting. We look forward to our daily smoothie too.

    Visit the doctors and talk it through with them - I hope they're able to find a solution. But if not, take matters into your own hands and adapt your diet. Food is a great healer. It was actually easier than I thought, to change the way I ate. Because once your body is able to digest those nutrients, you don't want to go back to coping without them.

    I hope you get well soon, and I can't wait to see your renovation update. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherri,

      I have at times done significant diet changes - but I always revert back, I lack self control!! But I have decreased out a lot of wheat based carbs, I do think it helps a little. Lots of bone broth, and some yoghurt/kumbucha etc....I'm so glad you are feeling better, if these Dr tests do not show anything up I will have to work harder on my diet and make some radical changes.

      xx

      Delete
  9. I am not sre if you have ticks in your part of the world, but I was exhausted all the time last year, like even lifting my feet to go up the stairs or wearing heavy boots in the barn was a chore, and then I also started to get tingling in my arms and hands, then I started having issues grabbing things. Also forgetfulness and brain fog. So a friend had similar symptoms and was diagnosed with Lyme Disease. So I asked to get check and voila, yes, infected with borrelia. So, if you have any of these symptoms too... my doc did not think I would be positive, she was so surprised. So... it is worth a blood test, if this is an issue in your part of the world. Otherwise, good luck and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top