A date!

Hello dear readers!

I'm so excited that tonight Grant and I are going on a real DATE!  Well its to a dear family friends wedding, who I have not seen for far too long as they live interstate.  Its one of the daughters who is very special to me getting married.

I even have a new dress!  What a treat!  Granny is coming for the night to care for the boys, and Grant and I get a whole day and a whole night together!  With time for lunch by ourselves between the wedding and the reception.

A sweet dress I found in a little boutique in the Barossa.  It's lovely and thick so it drapes beautifully. I just loved the pattern.  Pair it with a LS wool spencer, thick tights and a pashmina I'll be comfy and warm!  Win win! 

There is so much to do before we go, I have dinner to cook, and we have the old vintage van to pull around to tidy and make cozy for her to sleep in tonight. The yard needs a quick tidy up.  All of these things which should have been done during the week, but we had to go car shopping (I may have accidentally cooked mine....*insert curse words here*) so its been a hectic, long week with late nights driving around Adelaide looking at cars....gah!

But all is well now, and we get to unwind with a rare special night.  I had best go, but be sure I will come back tomorrow with photos!

Much love,
Emma
xx

16 comments

  1. Have a wonderful time, Emma. It is very wise to spend some time together without the little vegemites around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I went out for lunch together a few weeks ago and my meal went cold I chatted that much with him. It was lovely. We spoke about a lot of different things too and really caught up.
    Enjoy your time together which I'm sure you both will. I love your dress and being warm and comfy tops it off. Look forward to the photos.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its nice isn't it to just get lost in conversation with no interruptions?

      And I forgot to take photos!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Hoping you have a glorious time and enjoy your "date" with Grant. It isn't often parents can have child free adult outings that are for fun. I'd love to see pictures of you in the new frock as it really looks your style :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard, especially when family live a little way away.

      It very much is, and I just love it! But I forgot to take photos!

      xx

      Delete
  4. I clearly remember our first date night with no kids....we hardly knew what to say to each other! It's so important to still have a great relationship aside from the obvious mutual child topic perspective. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! we have had a couple of those moments, so happy to have a break, but then also kind of lost in thought as we process the quiet without children.

      xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are in for a lovely day/night Emma! It is so hard to find that time in the middle of raising children. I hope you have a lovely night- love that dress, looking forward to seeing some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really can be hard can't it? But whe it comes, it makes it all the sweeter.

      xx

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to see some pics, that dress looks gorgeous! Hope you enjoyed your weekend away and that the boys were ok without mum and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had the loveliest of dates, Emma. I love the dress you picked out, I adore flowers on fabrics! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top