A bit of a natter.

Goodness, well doesn't time fly?

I know I promised photos but I'm afraid I can't deliver.  The wedding was wonderful, but I got so caught up with seeing old friends I didn't pick up my camera at all!  But I felt so comfortable in my new dress and I really impressed my friends who joked about seeing me not in linen, actually wearing make up and not a pair of Birkenstocks in sight.  ;)

I'm not sure where the time has gone since then.  There has been assignments and mountains of reading going on.  That much I do know.  There has been washing, washing, and more washing.

So here are a few pictures of various things that have been happening around the place since my last post.....(See the washing?)

Will sitting with me composing a song while I worked on an assignment.  The wood oven was crackling away, and the sourdough was proving next to it.


Daffodils and Iris's fresh from the garden.

Chicken stew and dumplings for dinner on a cold, wintery night.  

Angus is continuing to see the ENT and work out his hearing problems.  He had another hearing test and after some initial concern it seems to be fine.  

A mud kitchen pulled together from some bessa bricks, and ply we had lying around, underneath the old grapefruit tree.  Will be a lovely place to play in summer!


I caught up with a dear friend and she surprised us with this Scottish Terrier inspired gift bought form an op-shop.  We are happily reading the May Gibbs book a chapter at a time. 

The Scottish Terrier salt and pepper shakers have been added to my little collection of porcelain dogs.  These are all figures that belonged to my grandparents and are very dear to me.  I am keeping my eye out to find an antique ceramic Scottish Terrier to add.  I also have a beautiful heavy antique crystal Labrador which is sitting with some crystal candle holders which reminds me of old Tessa.  Its funny how collections seem to randomly grow isn't it?

My car died an untimely death, and was sold on for parts.  I have ended up with a new-to-me car.  Meet "Suzi"  the Suzuki.  I really like her.  She's neat, and has a perfect service record.  Fits us all in, and a boot big enough for the dogs, all my stuff, and plants!  Because a car big enough to load up with plants is of upmost importance, yes?  It also has seven seats which will come in handy.  We bought in cash from a private sale.  We nipped into a couple of car yards but thought a cash budget translated to "partial finance" and kept trying to sell us care $5,000 above our budget.....seriously......



Anyway, it is time to get dinner on!  Home made chicken soup and toast is on the menu tonight.
Much love,
Emma
xx

16 comments

  1. Ever since reading one of Rhonda's posts about dumplings I've been wanting to give them a try. Your chicken dish looks delish.
    I was so surprised to see how much your boys have grown - it really does happen right before your eyes.
    Buying cars is certainly not one of my favourite things to do. My husband's car has done well however giving us a lot of grief now so looks like a replacement soon. It has done well over 300,000k's. I'm glad you are enjoying your new car.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww! They are getting far too big!

      I just googled a dumpling recipe, added some spring onion and they worked perfectly and the kids loved them.

      Good luck with the car hunting, I find the entire process quite stressful!

      xx

      Delete
  2. That chicken stew and dumplings got me in....dumplings are a bit of an art aren't they!? Well done on the new car - we too have just bought a Suzuki as they have an excellent mechanical reputation. The extensions look like they are coming along - its going to really open up that room by the looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Japanese certainly make good cars!

      It was seriously good Phil, like a giant hug in a bowl. They were beautifully light too.

      They are, soon cladding!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the wedding, Emma. I would love to have your stove and so would my sourdough too I think. In winter I put it into a lidded styrofoam box with a water bottle to do its thing. It works quite well I must say. Mind you, we really haven't had much of a winter this year for some reason. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our winter started slow but it seems to have come in late and settled in! But in saying that the sun is shining today and the sky is clear.

      xx

      Delete
  4. Are those glass doors in the kitchen new? Will they be there, just for the renovation, and open the kitchen up to an enclosed dinning room? Nosy Nelly, I am. ;)

    Time does, indeed fly. Winter just started yesterday, didn't it, and now spring is knocking? I can't believe, it's almost 4 months till Christmas! Where did that year go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww!

      No they are just salvaged office petitions, to close up the house for security/shelter while the back half is built. The kitchen, dining lounge will all be a big open space, and off that will be a master with a small ensuite, family bathroom and laundry. I cannot wait to swing my table around so we can all sit around it together!!

      xx

      Delete
    2. That new set-up sounds awesome. Open areas, are very communal. We have that in our house too. But I remember when we had our large, 6 seater, dinning table, pushed up against a wall, in our old house in suburbia. I could only use 4 chairs comfortably, with one completely out of commission, and another difficult to access. You'll love being able to access all your seats, after the reno.

      Delete
  5. I smiled when I saw your little dog collection, Emma. My son loves dogs and collects little figurines like these. Oh, how he adores them!! I love picking flowers from my garden for inside but I've never grown daffodils...yous look beautiful! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant claim credit for these, this place is full of all kinds of bulbs that randomly delight us! LOL!

      How gorgeous of your son. :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. How exciting a new car!!!! Your dinner looks very tasty, enjoy! Have a pleasant evening reading. Mary C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just happy to have a car that runs!! But I am pleased, such a relief!

      I'm actually ahead this week for my readings, such a rarity!

      xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Emma,
    it was nice to meet you this morning on Rhonda's skype session.
    I love your mud kitchen, my daughter would be happy there.
    I am looking forward to following your adventures.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you too! I look forward to following along with you blog too, Ill be adding everyone to my side bar so I don't loose track of you all!

      xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Emma - it was lovely to meet you on Skype last Sunday. I am enjoying your blog very much. I noticed that you are studying chaplaincy, which I plan to study too. I look forward to hearing more about your ministry.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top