Quiet winter days.

Well it appears winter has finally settled in….It has been raining here for what feels like forever, but the reality is it’s only been a week or so.  Even then it has mostly been short showers that deliver a few mls at a time, several times a day.  Such is the way after so many beautiful sunny winter days. 

My kitchen is currently filled with drying racks, but I throw my hands up at the sheets and towels.  They are currently going straight in the dryer.  There is no room in this little cottage while it only has 4 rooms for this many people, animals and sheet drying on top of that.  It’s madness I tell you!   


Aggie is patiently waiting for any tid-bits to drop. 

You see, we are on school holidays here, three whole weeks of them!  Though I can’t believe one week is finished already.  We have spent lots of time at home, resting and simply catching up.  There has been cooking to do, and the boys are enjoying taking part peeling the veggies, and cutting things up for hot soups, and various other bits and bobs.   


Fresh baked sourdough....

William and I have made a fresh batch of sauerkraut, and there has been sour dough baking too.  My sauerkraut recipe is basically 1 tablespoon of salt to 1Kg of veggies, this time we used cabbage and grated carrot.    


Lots of squeezing and bruising the veggies to release the juices. 

Will has been so helpful in tending to the fire for me, it appears he has taken it over as the young man in the house.  Yesterday was one of those days I felt like I just couldn’t get warm.  The wind whistled and howled all day long!  

Much love,
Emma
xx
Powered by Blogger.