Winter mornings.

Im not sure what it is about these cool, fresh days but for me, they are motivating!
For so long I have been trying to find my morning mojo, and suddenly along with the cool weather it appears to have rocked up. 

I don't know if it's the grounding routine of gathering wood and lighting the fire, or if it's the fresh, clean cool air?  Either way, Im not complaining.  And neither will our guests tonight - I'm kind of working on a sermon for next week, while really procrastinating on my blog and pottering away on a lemon meraunge pie to break it up.  Made from our home grown lemons.  I'd like to add home grown eggs, but it seems our chooks have turned into a bunch of free loading slackers.....Thanks for that girls.....No amount of varied food, fresh straw, and all you can eat buffet seems to be able to coax them out of their egg withholding slump.  Nope, it seems this cool weather we are happening has ruffled their feathers and they are well and truly sulking about it! 

This little oven requires quite alot of watching, and attention being so small but it still warms the little cottage beautifully.


'Mums are out in full bloom, the plants are leaning over they are so laden with flowers.  Its nice to be able to bring them inside and they last for a full week.

A morning spent pottering in here, washing on, fire crackling, sun shining, Loren Kate playing.


Home made pastry - I know, I feel like I deserve a medal for effort.  Friday night is usually our pizza and wine night with friends.  I am usually on a cooking strike by Friday night....ha!

The old rolling pin is many generations old.  My fathers family used to be dairy farmers in Berry, NSW, and know this pin is from the family farm.  I'm 6th generation Australian, and I'm not sure how long this rolling pin goes back.  It is rustically hand made, though worn smooth from years of use.  It's singed in places from being left too close to a wood fire in it's day I suspect. 

Little Henry size biscuits with the off cuts of the pastry. 

Gladiolas are out!

My greens looking happy and healthy....and the stinging nettles....ouch! 

Henry is tired this morning, still hanging out in his PJ's, watching ABC kids, which seems criminal on a day like today.  But he is tired, Aggie the Scottish TERROR chewed all his dummies....I know, I know, he is too old for dummies but I like sleep, what can I say?  Anyway, last night he didn't sleep with any dummy and he did great - though I feel he didnt sleep all that well.  So a lazy day today. 



Though I did sign up to join in on a blogging workshop HERE on Down to Earth, which I'm really excited about.  I tend to be fumbling about as I go.  So it will be wonderful to get some fresh inspiration and ideas and advice from Rhonda when the time comes. 

On that note, he has just informed me it is time to make play-dough.  So I had better get too it! 

Much love,
Emma.
xx  
Powered by Blogger.