A wonderful farm visit!

Well school is well and truly back, and already I ache for the free unstructured days of the holidays! 

This post has been a little while coming.  I have been so enjoying our time off and I have been making a far more conscious effort about being fully present in each beautiful moment that comes our way.  So much so my photography, which has never been my strongest point has slipped!  I completly forgot my good camera so excuse the phone photos.   

In the last week of the school holidays we were so lucky to be able to catch up with Sally from Jembella Farm.  It was one of those mornings I just wanted to saviour.  The boys were in their elemant.  They loved every second, so did I.  As I walked around I dreamed of our "one day" farm.  I may have said a silent prayer or three that our shop would hurry up and sell so we could get on and DO it.


Watering the pigs.  Good looking happy animals, completly able to carry out their natural behaviours. 

When we arrived, Sally has left a few little jobs so the boys were able to help with a few simple morning chores.  There was cows to feed, pigs to water, chickens to check on, bees to examine and the most beautiful mulberries to pick, much to Grant's delight when he came home that night! 

Checking on the geese.

It was a truly beautiful morning.  Wonderful company, and so special for the boys.  A morning they have talked about so much since.  I do believe this is going to be one of those things they remember in life.

Who needs a cup when your thirsty?

They were facinated by the old farm house.  William especially loved it, that kid is going to be a picker I reckon!  He adored Sally's old farmhouse, and all the intereting things on display.  He loves a story that kid, and old things that have a story behind them.   

Meg the farm dog was on patrol, it was a warm morning and so she took a dip in the trough, much to the boys complete delight! 

Picking mulberries, sooo good!  Eating them warm and juicy straight off the tree.

We really did have the most marvelous morning.  This morning gave me hope, and reminded me of all we are working for.  The warmth and contentedness that crept upon my heart, seeing the boys on a farm similar to what we want to do, will sit with me along time.  A beautiful morning. 

Thankyou dear Sally.  I am so very glad this strange blogging world has brought us togeather and we can be come friends through it. 

Much love,
Emma
xx

22 comments

  1. Wow, what a great day and place to have a family adventure. I only have one kid at school, and this is my second child's last year at home. I don't know how you manage to juggle 3! But we learn to make do. I too, cherish the unstructured time of holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 2 of the three are at school, it's funny how with each new season brings new challenges. But each time we all manage to muddle through don't we? :)

      Xx

      Delete
  2. Finding kindred spirits is a rare and delightful thing - relish and feed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss those unstructured holiday days too, Emma. There's so much freedom in waking up with no set plans and just "winging it" through the days. Sigh! How lovely for you and your boys to spend a morning at Sally's place. I think farms are magical places for children to explore! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely aren't they?

      What is it about children and holiday mornings. In the holidays we are up, ready and out in 40 minutes with ease. School mornings and its like a completly different world! I just dont get it, as really there are less decisions to be made. The puzzles of the world hey? ;)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh dear Emma, I have a tear in my eye reading this. It was a perfect morning wasn't it? Made so much better with these three beautiful boys of yours. William's comments about the old house and how it has lots of stories to tell astounded me, his maturity and thoughtfulness is something rare. I love that you're a parent who lets them explore, a fall here and there, all a learning experience. Alan and Meg LOVED having playmates, especially dear Alan. Yes, thankful to this blog world for introducing us. I'm happy to hear that your determination to farm is as strong as ever, and I know that you will get there in your own good time that is right for you. Looking forward to another catch-up with your boys next school holidays. There will be more farm jobs for them to do. ;) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was Sally. Just so lovely.

      Alan was just beautiful! Next time I will have to bring Aggie for you to meet, she is a wonderful little girl, and so full of spunk. Gosh she is smart, and already caught her first mouse in the shed!!

      xx

      Delete
  5. ohhh what a wonderful time your boys look to be having! gosh how i would love to visit Jembella Farm too! love reading her blog
    keep your dreams alive & it will happen
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, one day! You will have to come for a trip Selina. ;)

      xx

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a wonderful time visiting with Sally. One of these days you will be in a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post had me smiling the whole time! Master T enjoyed his little visit there a few months ago too.
    Having met two bloggers (is that what you are!?) makes me feel like I've met two celebrities, but better :-D
    -Kelly B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you made me laugh - I nearly woke up Henry who is snoring next to me!

      Isn't it completly lovely to live in this part of the world where such community exists? I am pleased to have met you and your little family to Kelly. Look forward to catching up this term. :)

      xx

      Delete
    2. Haha! Kelly you made me laugh too. I think we must be the two most unorthodox "celebrities". But do you know how good it is to meet our readers? Meeting you and your lovely family was amazing! XX Jembella Farm

      Delete
  8. It sounds and looks like a wonderful visit, and you're so right the boys will always remember this. My two remember things like this that I did with them with great affection when they were small .... and they're 30 and 36 now, and the eldest is doing the same sort of things with his two youngest boys :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to see your son doing the same things with his children. :)

      xx

      Delete
  9. Hello Emma - thank you for the lovely comment you left me over on my blog. I just loved this post & can see the joy in your sons faces in your great photos. What a special day you all had - how wonderful to give them those experiences. Happy Weekend to you Emma x x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh - am I happy to have rediscovered your blog! Such a joy :) I have recently relocated to NZ and lost the simple living way a little, coming back to it all now - although it looks different with hubby at home and myself going to work every day. Looking forward to reading through the last year or so of posts - much love, Ayesha xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go gently as you try to find your new rhythm, what a big move!

      It's lovely to see you back here. :)

      Best of luck with going back to work full time, what an exciting new chapter and how lovely for your husband to have a turn at home.

      Grant loves to be at home, though it irks me a little that he is actually a little more efficient then me in some ways. But shh, don't tell him that. ;)
      Xx

      Delete
    2. Ha! My hubby is sooo much better at the homemaker thing then I ever was - crazy to admit (hehehe) but so true ;) Ayesha

      Delete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top