Waylaid plans...

This weekend we rushed.  We should have slowed down, we should have taken a moment to stop and think and SEE our children were ratty and changed plans to accommodate.  Instead we pushed on with our own agenda and it was tiring and disappointing.

I swear our boys woke up fighting.  At that stage we should have stopped, and reassessed the day.  Instead went to Bunnings where they continued to fight, bicker and whine while we were in the isle looking at stains/paints etc.  After what seemed like forever trying to work out the Australian equivalent product, to the American ones whilst growing more and more confused and the boys becomming increasingly ratty I looked down at the sealed concrete floor, over at the shelf where I noticed concrete sealer then across to grant and said "lets just seal the concrete and put down a rug."  After a very brief , discussion deciding that the cement floor was smooth enough to go straight over we grabbed a can of sealer and a can of stuff to clean the crap off the cement.  Because of course we were planning on covering the cement with the quirky paper bag tutorial and the floor was paint splattered.  We let the kids have a quick play on the playground and we had a cuppa and then high tailed it outta there as the kids were beginning to resemble angry little tassie devils....

At least this grumpy little tissue devil can be contained and wrapped up!  

Saturday night I went to a 21st of a young man from church.  It was really nice to catch up and hang out with everyone there.  I like my church, I love the diversity of ages.  The oldies and their wisdom, the youth and their energy and ideas.  Its a great place to be.  It feels like "home".  He is such a nice young fella.  So kind, warm and generous of himself.  He has a very strong faith and I know that will carry him well in where ever he goes in his life.  

I was tired on Sunday and for one of the very few Sundays I missed church.  Grant was feeling unwell and I was really tired after a late night.  Grant still had to go to the markets to pick up veggies for the shop and picked me up a 10kg box of sauce tomatoes.  Which I was determined to get through and bottle into pasta sauce.  See where this is leading?...insert another long experience of tedious, fighting whiny children, a husband trying to sleep and and copious amounts of mess.  I did get my sauce done and eventually the boys went to bed to sleep well.  

Aside from that the weekend consisted of Grant working in the shed, washing, tidying the constant mess the boys created.

Oh and I killed my sourdough already....

You know when you have a weekend when so many little things go wrong it almost gets funny?  Last night  once the kids were in bed Grant and I flopped on the couch and looked at each other with raised eyebrows and simultaneously agreed that it had been a looong weekend.

Basically we as a family were out of rhythm.  None of us were listening to each other, we all had our own agendas of tasks we wanted to complete when we should have stopped, gone for a walk, taken time to REALLY chat and listen and then re-shuffle our job list and re-prioritize what HAD to be done compared to what we WANTED to get done.

So today I have no expectations.  The little boys will be at child care for their one day/week which is very new for them and they have a short day while they adjust.  Once they are settled in to childcare and school is back I'm hoping to do a little study, help with paperwork at the shop and perhaps work on my doll making if time allows.  Well thats the plan.

Today I will be putting a chook in the slow cooker for a one pot no-hassle dinner with veggies for simple dinner.  The washing needs to be brought in and then I am going to make some sewing my priority at some stage.  My nerves are frayed and I need to focus through my jumbled thoughts and fill my tank.  Sewing is a medium which allows me to do this.  I find it so soothing, I think that the importance of creativity is often underestimated.  There is something rhythmic and slow about handcrafting an item which is good for my soul.  William is looking forward to doing some Lego in peace and some craft so I think he is keen for some quiet time as much as I am.  I'm sure we will spend some nice time together today.  We will just take it as it comes. 

What are your plans?  I hope you can find some time for yourself to fill your tank too.  <3

xx
 



Powered by Blogger.